Saturday, June 14, 2008

Startitis Big Time

So, I have decided that I have the worst startitis habit in the world. For those who have no idea what I am talking about, startitis is a disorder that knitters get. We will start a project. And start another project. And start another project. And start---well, you get the idea.
The problem I am having is a bit of stash burning ickies. Due to the fact the we have 2 kids in diapers and gas is $4.25 a gallon, my yarn fund has dimished to a skein a month if I am lucky. This is not condusive to sweater knitting or any other large project for that matter because the same lot number is not going to be there for 8 months. So, I have been burning through the 1/2, one, two and three skein onlies in my stash. A pair of socks here, a purse there, a throw on the needles, etc. However, there are only so many mittens and ear warmers one can make before totally losing your mind! What makes it worse is I am a total pattern whore. I have THOUSANDS of patterns---internet patterns, .pdf files, books, magazines (ohhhh, I heart magazines!). So, whenever I need inspiration, I meander through the pages of my computer, notebooks or magazines (ohhhh, I heart magazines!). I know, someone with startitis doesn't necessarily need inspiration (as we usually have too much), but I do it anyways. Now, I can't focus. What I have been doing is whilst trying to burn my stash creatively, I start several things and realize I really don't like the color, shape, stitches, or yarn. And then I start something else. Repeat. And I long for a knit/crochet sweater and this beautifully cabled jacket that I am DYING to make, but can't unless I want to bring my own costume to tryouts of Joseph and the Tecnicolor Dreamcoat. UGGHH!!!
Now that I have vented on you I will obediently return to my stash. I will pick ONE (ok, maybe three) projects and finish them. Maybe I will post my projects here, and show my progress and use you as my check. Ohhhh, the gears are turning....

No comments: