Monday, August 11, 2008

And we're moving...

So, Wednesday I looked down and Elias was not where I had placed him. And he wasn't doing that backwards half-scoot half-roll thing he's been doing for the last 2 months. I walked away, turned to face him and called. He looked up, grinned that goofy "I'm so cute gotta love me" grin, and crawled to me. That's right---crawled right to my feet and whined that "Pick me up" whine. He hasn't slowed down since, either. Yesterday he decided that crawling wasn't enough. Jude has a big wheel type trike in our living room and it's just tall enough for BooBoo to pull himself up onto. And he's using it as a modified walker. THREE DAYS after crawling. I guess he's wanting to keep up with big brother.
Then, of Friday, Mark called me up saying that he just looked at a duplex he found on craigslist. We've been looking for a place to live since our apartment started collapsing into itself and it started raining inside whenever we had any kind of real rain (and I live in the GROUND FLOOR). Back to the duplex...so Mark tells me about it and he says I'm gonna love it. He takes off an hour early from work and we pack up the munchkins and head over. The landlord and his wife and dad are fixing it up as the last people did a number on the place. I looked around and fell in love. There are two bedrooms (good sized), 2 bathrooms, a garage, a cute kitchen, a fireplace, new carpet, paint, linoleum, a covered porch and A BACKYARD!!! Jude instantly loved it and was playing chase me with daddy right then and there. Elias worked his I'm So Cute magic with the landlady. The price was right so we signed our application right there. And at 8pm I got the phone call I have been waiting for for 2 years---"It's yours if you want it". Do I EVER! So, As of the end of this month my apartment days are over...
Another amazing twist for our amazing Friday (sealing it all off as the day being an act of God) Mark got his first account for his new business.
The Westover Family is on our way!

No comments: