Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Joining the masses

I have relented. So far I have not joined the masses of people who have knitted those patterns where when you say the name another knitter instantly knows what you're knitting. The February Lady Sweater, Monkey Socks, Jaywalker socks.

Here it is, my current work in progress:


It's my very own Clapotis (cla-POH-tee, blame the American designer living in France)
I'm knitting it in Bernat's Baby Coordinates, the only yarn that I have a ton of because I bought it for another project, which I changed my mind about. It's kind of a bumpy yarn, so it's got an interesting texture. I can't wait to see what it does when I drop the stitches for the pattern. It's going really fast, too. I started this night before last and I'm already a quarter of the way through it. Strange enough, I'm really excited about this project and I'm really glad it's going fast as the last couple of projects have ended in disaster to the degree I will not reveal.
Updates in a few days, stay tuned!

No comments: